Basic Outfitters was founded in 2014 by Laura and Michael Dweck with the intention of helping men to build their basic collection of items such as underwear, socks, and tees for a low price. Since then, they have been featured on Shark Tank, their products have been seen in Vogue and GQ and the couple was selected for “30 Personalities Under 30 to Watch” by Forbes.
HQ: NYC, USA
- Maximizing a marketing event – Shark Tank appearance
- Increase signups while preserving the shopping experience and brand identity
- Continue to collect emails after the live event
- On desktop devices, an opt-in campaign triggered on landing for all visitors, backed by an exit campaign
- On mobile devices, an opt-in campaign with a tab displayed before the popup to comply with Google guidelines and preserve user experience
- Each campaign contains visuals and colors consistent with the rest of the website
- More than 41,000 emails collected in 36 hours after being featured on Shark Tank
- Subscription rates up to 14.8%
- 23% of the emails are collected on mobile devices
- Continues to collect emails long after Shark Tank event.
Keys to Success:
- Planning ahead of live events to maximize their utility
- A/B testing copy and images to maximize conversion rate
- Optimizing campaigns across device type
- Always keeping brand identity in mind
Q&A with Albert Frankie Haber, E-Commerce Director at Basic Outfitters
Why did you decide to use Wisepops and what features were you looking for?
We were looking for different Pop-up services for our site. Ultimately we chose Wisepops for its simplicity and ease of use.
What have been your most successful campaigns?
Our Email signup on the homepage. We had this enabled when we were featured on Shark Tank and a number of emails we collected have been invaluable.
You have excellent conversion rates on some of your campaigns, 15% – 30%. What did you do achieve this?
We believe pop-ups should be clear and concise. Allow the pop-ups to serve its purpose and then make it as seamless as possible to get the customer back to shopping
What advanced features (A/B Testing, Tab, Advanced Targeting, etc) have made the most difference for Basic Outfitters?
AB testing is key. Testing different copy, images, offers. It allows us to figure out what really works.
No credit card required